Best Business Card Holder Wallets for Men in 2020: A Businessman’s Must-Have
Whether you’re a salesman or a fancy bank director, how you sell yourself matters. When presenting yourself to the people, you want your business cards to look as good as you. That’s why you need one of the best business card holder wallets. If you don’t know which to get, check out our recommended picks below.
Table of Contents
- 1 Our Top 5 Recommended Business Card Holder Wallets for Men
- 2 Why Do You Need A Business Card Holder?
- 3 A Quick History of The Business Card Holder
- 4 Types of Business Card Holders
- 5 How to Pick A Business Card Holder
- 6 Detailed Reviews of Our Recommended Business Card Holder Wallets For Guys
- 7 Down To You
Our Top 5 Recommended Business Card Holder Wallets for Men
Why Do You Need A Business Card Holder?
Business card holders may seem like something out of fashion, but they are not. You truly need one if you use business cards to present yourself to people.
But why? I hear you asking. After all, isn’t your wallet enough?
Frankly speaking, your wallet is probably overflowing with stuff already.
They’re ready to leave; you have to give them a contact number. Writing it on a napkin just won’t do.
So, you’re pulling out a crumpled business card, haphazardly shoved in your back pocket wallet a while ago.
The business card looks old and messy. Your wallet looks old and messy too. And you hand over a business card you just pressed your buttocks against for who knows how long…
Do you really believe that your prospective client will ever contact you again?
Maybe they will if you’re a true genius in what you do. But when you have dozens of competitors out there, how you present yourself truly matters.
Now, imagine pulling out of your jacket’s interior pocket a stylish business card holder, with all cards neatly arranged inside it. You’ve made a good impression, and have higher chances to close the deal.
We’d say that’s a good enough reason to get yourself one of the best business card holder wallets on the market.
A Quick History of The Business Card Holder
Business card holders were invented by the 17th-century European aristocracy, back when the business card concept didn’t even exist.
According to the sophisticated rules of the aristocrat etiquette, business cards – called visiting cards at the time – were used by noblemen as a form of requesting an invitation. Indeed, they would send a visiting card to someone else’s home and wait for them to confirm the invitation by receiving a visiting card or invitation letter from them.
No response or receiving an invitation card in an envelope would mean their presence was not welcome.
Over the centuries, these invitation cards transformed and became business cards containing the name and contact information of the business representative.
Today, people tend to use both business and individual cards.
The business ones are typically used by business managers or directors, while individual cards may be used by anyone who wants to provide others with their contact information in a stylish way.
Regardless of what type of cards you use, holding them in a dedicated holder – that can often serve as a minimalist wallet too – is essential if you want to stay elegant.
Don’t know if you need a business card? Here are 4 reasons you need one:
Types of Business Card Holders
Business card holders come in various types and sizes. Choosing the one that best suits your style is crucial if you want to maintain your elegance.
You’ll usually be able to pick between:
- Cases: Perhaps the most popular type of business card holders. These hard-cased can be made of leather, carbon fiber, metal, plastic, and other materials. Leather and metal are undeniably the most elegant, while carbon fiber cases are more suitable for the modern guy.
- Sleeves: These business card holders look similar to the front pocket wallets. They are sleek and slim, easy to slide in a front pocket or in the pocket of your jacket. These business card holders are often slightly larger than a wallet and are often used to hold both business cards and bank cards and cash. Coming in a wide variety of styles, you can choose from leather, carbon fiber, or fabric sleeves.
- Bifold business card holders: Looking like a miniature bifold wallet, these card holders usually have two pockets, one on each side. They are minimalist and designed to hold nothing else but your business cards. More often than not, they are made of leather.
How to Pick A Business Card Holder
The business card holder speaks volumes about you, that’s why you have to pay extra attention when you pick it. Here are a few tips:
- Style: The first thing to consider is your style, and match the business card holder with it. If you usually wear suits, a hard case could be your best bet. If you’re casual-elegant, such as polo shirts and chinos, a sleeve could be more appropriate.
- Functionality: What do you want to hold in the holder? Only business cards? Business cards and cash? Maybe a badge or transit pass? It is always best to use the business card holder to keep business cards only, but that’s not always practical. If you want multi-functionality, sleeves are your best bet.
- Material: Leather is undeniably one of the most sophisticated choices. However, metal is equally elegant. We’d suggest steering clear from carbon fiber and plastic. The former is not elegant enough, while the latter is plainly cheap.
- RFID protection: If you plan to use the holder to keep business cards only, this feature is useless. If you want to carry credit cards too, you might consider a holder with RFID-blocking functionality.
With this in mind, you might want to know which is the best business card holder on the market. Have a look at our top picks below.
Detailed Reviews of Our Recommended Business Card Holder Wallets For Guys
1. MaxGear Leather Business Card Holder
- 【Small Size with Large Capacity】: Hold up to 25 Business Cards. Size: 3.9 x 2.5 x 0.7 inch. Small Size is Perfect to Fit in Your Pockets or...
- 【Premium Leather】: The Product is Endowed with Fine Texture and Comfortable Tactile Impression for Refined PU Leather.
- 【Durable Magnetic Force】: Built-in Magnetic Strip Provides Durable Force to Close this Card Holder.
- 【Fashionable & Practical】: Stylish Design and Sturdy Construction, Interior Pocket Holds Business Cards & Credit Cards & ID cards.
- 【Guarantee】: Any Purchase from MaxGear can get 100% Warranty. 12 Months After-Sales Service -- 100% Money Back or Replacement Guarantee.
Starting off our roundup, the best business card holder wallet is the MaxGear Leather Business Card Holder. This stylish piece impresses with elegant, classic lines. Classic is also the color choice, a vintage brown that’s just perfect for men in a suit.
MaxGear leather business holder stands out thanks to its fashionable sophistication, but it comes at a price that won’t break the bank.
Its appealing price tag and choice of quality materials make it a winner. Its classic design might not satisfy the more modern guy, but it’s just perfect for directors and other “suit” business representatives.
Making for a stylish gift, it’s made from high-quality polyurethane leather. The choice of faux leather might not appeal to everyone, but the truth is that it looks just like genuine leather, it’s cheaper, and also more eco-friendly.
The product has a fine texture and comfortable tactile impression, while the suede-like interior enhances the idea of genuine leather.
Detailed stitching on the edges boosts the wow factor, while a magnetic closure keeps the contents secured.
Since it’s made for business cards, it doesn’t have RFID-blocking layers; nevertheless, the holders doubles wonderfully as a minimalist wallet.
Stylish and elegant, this business card holder comes in various colors and in either polyurethane or burnished leather variants.
The first thing to keep in mind when thinking about this product’s functionality is that it’s made to hold business cards alone. And it does that wonderfully.
The wallet has a capacity of 25 business cards, and it can also hold a host of credit cards and cash, should you want to use it as a traditional wallet.
Its durable, built-in magnetic strip provides outstanding closing force and snaps on easily when you close the flap. Not only it can hold your belongings secure, but it also prevents them from crumbling in a pocket or standard wallet.
- Brand: MaxGear
- Material: PU leather
- Size: 3.9 x 2.5 x 0.7 inches
- Weight: 0.8 ounces
- The high capacity wallet holds a lot of business or credit cards
- Lightweight and soft to the touch
- Fashionable yet practical design
- Wide choice of colors and styles
- Backed up by a satisfaction guarantee
- The stitching inside is less sturdy than imagined
- Faux leather feels a bit cheap
2. Herschel Supply Co. Men’s Charlie Card Holder Wallet
- RFID blocking layer to help prevent the unwarranted scanning of identification, credit and debit cards.
- Signature striped fabric liner
- Multiple card slots and top-access storage sleeve
- Engineered red and white striped tab
Perfect for younger CEOs as well as anyone who wants to keep a fresh look, this card holder wallet by Herschel Supply Co. doubles as a slim wallet. It fits wonderfully in a front pocket and has the right size to hold quite a few business cards.
Charlie is a sleeve business card holder made from a stylish textile material. Larger than the average sleeve wallet, it can hold business cards, but it can also fit credit cards and a few bills, as well as your ID.
Stylish and elegant, it impresses with its grey finish that pairs with most outfits. Four exterior pockets, two on each side, as well as a larger middle pocket, offer plenty of storage space.
If you want to hold business cards only, you can fit them seamlessly in all pockets. However, the exterior pockets are more suitable for holding credit cards.
The middle pocket, instead, is deeper and can protect the cardboard completely, so your business cards won’t bend or crumble.
Fashionable details include a stylish stitched logo on the front and striped detail on edge.
This business card holder is highly functional and fits particularly well everyone who wants to carry both business cards and other valuables in a single wallet.
The exterior pockets are perfect for holding credit cards and a driver’s license or ID. Large enough to fit two cards each, they give you a capacity of 8 cards. The middle pocket is larger and deeper, just perfect for the business cards.
You can fit up to 5 or 6 business cards at a squeeze, or up to four for a looser fit. On moments when you don’t want to carry business cards at all, such as on weekends or vacation, you can use this larger pocket for bills, coupons, or receipts.
Made to meet the needs of all modern men, the wallet boasts RFID protection, so you can carry any RFID-enabled devices in all peace of mind.
- Brand: Herschel Supply Co.
- Material: Polyester fabric
- Size: 0.2 x 4.1 x 3.1 inches
- Weight: 1.6 ounces
- High-capacity business card holder wallet
- Signature striped fabric liner
- Stylish textile exterior
- RFID-blocking technology
- Available in various styles and colors
- Relatively expensive
3. Outrip Genuine Leather Business Card Holder
- Material: 100% cowhide genuine leather business card holder, a long-time use with fine texture
- Pocket Size Card Case: 7.5cm X 10.5cm X 1.5cm (2.9" X 4.1" X 0.6"), small and lightweight, slips into your pocket / briefcase / handbag easily
- Large Capacity: 1 Interior pocket can hold 10-20 pieces of business name cards, note cards, credit cards or other universal cards. 1 clear window for...
- Professional And Compact Card Holder: Stylish design and sturdy construction, bring a convinient use to you, and deliver a professional image of you...
- Great Gift Idea: These classic wallets match with any type of formal or casual outfit perfectly, not only serve the purpose of a fashion accessory,...
A hybrid between a business card holder case and bifold wallet, the Outrip Genuine Leather Business Card Holder is another elegant accessory to consider. It has an attractive price point and comes in various colors and leather finishes.
This business card holder looks like a traditional bifold at first glance. It’s sleek and elegant, boasting a black genuine leather finish that pairs beautifully with most outfits. Designed to fit in your jacket pocket, it’s also slim enough for your pants’ front pocket.
It combines the functionality of a wallet with that of a card holder. Discreet details and color-matching stitches enhance the elegant look of this accessory.
It could easily pass for a unisex wallet but has a manlier look that doesn’t make it quite suitable for the ladies. Nevertheless, it comes in various colors, so it can be used by ladies and gents alike.
A perfect gift, this bifold is made from 100% genuine cowhide leather; it’s very soft to the touch and has a sleek texture. Furthermore, its sturdy construction ensures you’ll be able to use it for a really long time. Providing adequate protection for your business cards, it will surely impress your prospective clients each time you pull it out of your pocket.
Like the Herschel above, this genuine leather business holder wallet has a double functionality. On the one hand, it’s a capable business card holder.
Its large main slot can fit up to 20 cards seamlessly, and it’s also large enough to hold a few currency bills.
Smaller slots on the outer side of the main pocket offer the perfect storage space for up to 4 credit cards. Considering that the leather will tend to break-in, you could possibly use them to hold up to 6 cards once the leather gets loose.
A nice addition to the design is the clear ID window; you can use it for your driver’s license or office badge.
No matter how you decide to use it, the wallet is highly functional, and it will surely serve its purpose beautifully.
- Brand: Outrip
- Material: Cowhide genuine leather
- Size: 4.1 x 0.6 x 2.9 inches
- Weight: 1.6 ounces
- The dual functionality of business card holder and wallet
- ID window
- Slots for bank cards
- Generous main compartment for business cards and cash
- Made from soft genuine leather
- Attractive price tag
- No RFID protection for the bank cards or badges
4. Alpine Swiss Thin Front Pocket Wallet Business Card Case
Alpine Swiss is one of the most popular wallet brands, so a business card holder from them couldn’t have missed from our list. Our choice is this thin front pocket wallet designed to hold business cards as well as bank cards, and that comes at a price that won’t break the bank.
This thin, minimalist business card holder by Alpine Swiss has Outrip’s classic lines but a different interior design.
It is a stylish bifold made from high-quality leather and is designed to hold both your essentials and a few business cards.
Perhaps the best feature is the dual ID window on both sides of one of the flaps. The exterior window is ideal for a transit pass, so you won’t have to open your wallet each time you commute. The interior one can hold your driver’s license or work badge; both windows have a thumb notch for easy access and are not RFID protected.
Five interior pockets and an easy-access exterior pocket provide plenty of space for business cards, credit cards, or folded cash.
The nice thing is that the brand partners with the Children’s Hunger Fund and donates part of the profits to the organization.
The business card holder wallet comes in full grain, crosshatch, and fabric variants, and is a great choice for the practical guy who wants to carry both business cards and valuables.
This card holder wallet by Alpine Swiss is a practical accessory, although not the best choice if all you want to carry is business cards.
The wallet is big enough to hold them, but you won’t be able to fit more than 6 in it. And that a tight squeeze. For this reason, it is a much more appropriate choice for those who want to carry up to three business cards alongside bank cards, IDs, and some cash.
In total, the wallet can fit up to 5 credit cards, three business cards in the exterior easy-access pocket, and two forms of ID. Undoubtedly a great accessory for the busy man who needs everything at hand.
- Brand: Alpine Swiss
- Material: Genuine leather
- Size: 4.2 x 3.3 x 0.7 inches
- Weight: 1.6 ounces
- Sophisticated wallet manufactured from high-quality genuine leather
- Neatly packed in a stylish gift box
- A practical accessory for the modern man
- Available in various finishes
- It has rather weak stitches
5. MaxGear Leather Business Card Holder
- Genuine Leather: Genuine leather business card holder is made of luxury full-grain cowhide with soft touch, which is tactile and wear-resisting.
- 2 Card Slots: Bifold business card wallet has 2 compartments for owned cards and received cards, holds up to 10-15 business cards per slot depending...
- Interior Lining: Leather business card case with soft interior lining can protect your cards from abrasion.
- Top Workmanship: Slim leather card holder for men and women with nice stitching and round corner presents high quality crafts.
- Superb Gift Choice: Pocket business card holder with MaxGear box makes a superb choice of a gift for your friends, families, and business partners. We...
Another entry from MaxGear, this bifold genuine leather business card holder comes as an alternative to our top pick. The slightly different design and choice of materials make it more suitable for the pretentious man, but it’s a tad more expensive.
This professional business card holder impresses with sleek lines and clean, bifold design. It’s slim and compact enough to slide easily into a jacket’s pocket and delivers a luxury feel thanks to the full-grain genuine leather used in its manufacturing.
It comes in various finishes and colors; our favorite is the crazy horse brown, which has a slightly oily finish.
Soft to touch and wear-resistant, it’s a great choice for those who wear suits. Top workmanship is visible in the nice stitching and round corner design with no pointy edges.
We also like the soft, suede-like interior lining that protects your cards from abrasion.
The interior of the wallet is simple and made specifically to hold business cards. Backed by a 12-month warranty, it’s an excellent choice for yourself or a beautiful gift. Thanks to its neutral lines, it’s also a great choice for both ladies and gents.
This business card holder could seem simplistic at first glance, but it’s more functional than you might believe.
It has only two compartments, but they are generous enough to hold up to 15 cards per slot. The nice thing is that you can divide the slots between your business cards and the ones you receive, so you’ll never mess up or do quick searches when you have to hand over a business card.
Carefully placing any business cards you receive in this card holder will also look great to the eyes of your business partners, speaking about elegance and class.
This business card holder serves this purpose alone, but it’s undoubtedly a nice addition to your accessories arsenal.
- Brand: MaxGear
- Material: Genuine leather
- Size: 3 x 4.5 x 0.25 inches
- Weight: 1.58 ounces
- The stylish business card holder design
- Made from high-quality genuine leather
- Can hold up to 30 cards
- Slim enough to fit in an interior pocket
- Perfect for both men and women
- The bifold has no closure
- The leather tends to discolor with time
Down To You
Which are the best business card holder wallets is down to you. Every businessman has different needs, or maybe you just want to carry some personal cards alongside credit cards and cash.
As far as we are concerned, we believe that the whole purpose of a business card holder is to hold business cards alone.
That’s why our favorite is the MaxGear Leather Business Card Holder.
Its simple case design and high capacity make it suitable for all businessmen. The classic brown finish and perfect imitation of full grain leather enhance its value for money, and the best part is that it’s cheap.
The polyurethane leather looks just like the real thing; it’s soft to touch and durable.
We also like the stitching details and the magnetic closure that offers further protection to your delicate cards.
Whether or not this is the right business card holder for you, we hope you found the model you like on this list.
So, what do you say? Would you opt for a simple business card holder or a business card holder and wallet combo?
If you’d like to see what other choices you have, check out our selection of the best wallets for men. And before you go, don’t forget to share this article with your friends.