Best Alpine Swiss Wallets in 2019: Our Top Picks
If you’re looking for the best wallets for men, know that Alpine Swiss is one of the greatest brands. They have all types of wallets you can imagine, from small front pocket wallets to classic styles and even zip around wallets. Now, you might be wondering which are the best Alpine Swiss wallets in 2019.
While there are quite a few popular models, we roamed the market and identified the top five. Check them out below.
Table of Contents
- 1 Our Recommended Alpine Swiss Wallets in 2019
- 2 How to Choose an Alpine Swiss Wallet
- 3 Top 5 Best Alpine Swiss Wallets in 2019
- 4 Our Top Pick
Our Recommended Alpine Swiss Wallets in 2019
How to Choose an Alpine Swiss Wallet
Alpine Swiss wallets come in all shapes and sizes, and it’s quite easy to pick the one that best suits your needs. There are a few considerations though. Here is a checklist of things you should weigh in before buying your wallet.
Alpine Swiss boasts a wide range of wallets, and it should be easy to pick the type that best suits your needs.
- Slim wallets: Are perfect for the busy man who only needs to carry a few essentials. Most slim wallets have a few credit card slots and either a money clip or a slightly larger pocket for bank notes. The brand produces both styles, so you can just pick the right one.
- Bifold wallets: Represent the most classic model and are usually made of leather. Those made by Alpine Swiss come with a beautiful logo embossed on the front, and are usually either brown or black.
- Trifold wallets: Are usually preferred by those who travel a lot. These wallets have more room for cards, IDs, bills, and other essentials you might need on the go. Some even have room for several types of IDs.
- Zip around wallets: Are designed to hold everything inside the purse when in your pocket. Whether it’s coins or other small items, all you have to do is close the zipper and walk on. You will still have all your belongings when you need them.
- Money clips: Besides minimalist wallets, Alpine Swiss also has a collection of money clips. These are ideal for the guy who only carries cash and one or two cards at most. You will be able to pick from a wide range of choices.
Another thing you should check is the number and type of compartments your wallet has. Again, analyze your needs and pick accordingly.
If you mostly carry cards, then a card sleeve with at least six pockets could be a great solution. If you carry both cards and cash, choose a traditional wallet with room for both.
You should also consider if you want to carry coins with you. Since coins are not exactly popular in the US, the vast majority of the best wallets for men come without a coin case. But if you’re visiting Europe, for example, you might use much more coins than you would have imagined. In this circumstance, having a wallet with a coin case could be essential.
3. RFID Protection
Electronic pickpocketing is real. There are low chances it might happen, but one could never be too cautious.
If you’re concerned about your security, it might be great to invest in a wallet with RFID technology. This technology is designed to block the signals emitted by your cards or other RFID and NFC devices.
If someone holding an RFID reader comes close to you, they won’t be able to retrieve your data, so you won’t have to worry about anything.
Before buying a wallet, you should also consider the material it is made from. Alpine Swiss wallets are typically made of leather, and it’s near impossible to find any other alternative. However, the market is full of other choices, and if you can’t find the right wallet from Alpine Swiss, you can check the best wallet brands for a suitable alternative.
Besides faux leather, you could opt for a canvas wallet or a Velcro alternative which is also made of canvas.
Some minimalist wallets made of plastic or metal can satisfy preppers or military personnel who need a resistant and compact accessory.
Last but not least, you should check the color of the wallet. Alpine Swiss proposes black and brown solutions, but also an array of other colors including blue and grey. Your choices might be however quite limited compared with what the market has to offer. If you’re aiming for different colors, perhaps you’ll have to focus on another brand.
That said, we dedicated this list to a special brand, so let’s have a look at the best Alpine Swiss wallets on the market.
Top 5 Best Alpine Swiss Wallets in 2019
1. Alpine Swiss Men’s Leather Flipout ID Wallet
- COMPACT - The flip-out bifold trifold hybrid wallet measures 4 1/4" x 3 1/4" x 1/2" to fit comfortably in your pocket.
- SPACIOUS - Our unique hybrid design gives you the sleek profile of a bifold wallet but opens like a trifold wallet with an added flip-out for more...
- FUNCTIONAL - Carry all your essentials in this wallet with 12 credit card slots, 3 additional vertical multi-purpose pockets, 1 fully lined bill...
- STYLISH & DURABLE - Available in a variety of colors and skins, we have the perfect wallet to match your personal style. Fine craftsmanship and high...
- A PERFECT GIFT – Comes neatly packaged in our 100% recycled Alpine Swiss giftbox.
The best Alpine Swiss wallet according to us is the men’s leather Flipout wallet. As its name suggests, this accessory is made from genuine leather and presents a compact flip-our construction with a hybrid bifold-trifold capability.
Designed to fit comfortably in the back pocket, this wallet still provides sufficient space for your belongings. It comes with 12 card slots plus three additional multipurpose pockets, a fully lined bill pocket and a convenient flip-out ID window for your driving license or ID card.
Stylish and durable, the wallet is available in a variety of colors and leathers. Regardless of your choice, the wallet will most likely age beautifully, becoming your trustful companion for the years to come.
Perfect for a gift too, the wallet comes in a 100% recycled Alpine Swiss gift box; furthermore, this is one of the few models that come in electric blue and grey.
- Available in a variety of styles and colors.
- Fully lined bill section.
- Bifold-trifold hybrid with convenient flip-out ID window.
- A perfect gift packed in a 100% recycled package.
- Card slots are too tight at first.
2. Alpine Swiss RFID Mens Wallet Deluxe
- LOGAN ZIPPER BIFOLD – MSRP $45 – RFID protection against electronic theft of your credit cards and identity. Secure all round zipper closure on...
- FUNCTIONAL – Measurements: 3 1/2" L x 4 5/8" W x 3/4" H. Divided double bill section, 1 ID window, 9 horizontal credit card slots and 4 vertical...
- CLASSIC NAPPA LEATHER – Genuine cowhide nappa leather with a barely-there pebble grain texture that is buttery soft to the touch making it both...
- DURABLE – Crafted from the finest quality genuine leather, this wallet is durably rugged yet buttery soft and will age beautifully as it is used....
- RFID PROTECTED: Certified independent lab tests in Met Labs Santa Clara, CA facility. Secure your personal data for credit card RFID chips operating...
Perhaps the Alpine Swiss’ signature model is the zip-around wallet. This style is designed for the army, as it can keep all the essentials secure in all circumstances. Nonetheless, these wallets are now preferred by the adventurers.
One of the best models is the RFID Deluxe Wallet, a safe zip-around model designed to store all your essentials and even some more.
The wallet is made of genuine black leather. Although the manufacturer produces other RFID wallets, this is the only color in the zip-around style. The zipper pull tab features the Alpine Swiss signature emblem, and the same emblem is also present on the front of the wallet.
The interior has a really high capacity. This Deluxe wallet features nine credit card slots, a further three vertical slots for either cards or receipts, two full-size bill compartments and one center flip ID window with thumb cutout.
Regarding the RFID protection, this wallet can keep most of your data secure by blocking all signals in the 13.56 MHz frequency. At the same time, you’ll be able to scan your ID badges, transit cards, and some hotel cards without taking them out of the wallet if they operate in the 125 KHz frequency.
- The stylish and durable wallet can easily match your style.
- RFID protection certified by independent testing labs.
- Spacious interior holds multiple cards and money.
- The wallet comes in a beautiful gift packaging.
- Smaller than expected.
3. Alpine Swiss Mens Leather Zip Around Wallet
If you don’t need RFID protection but like the zip-around style, check out the Leather Zip Around Wallet by Alpine Swiss. Also made of genuine leather, this wallet comes in a selection of colors of which the Antique Brown stands out.
Able to give a vintage flair to the wallet, this color enhances its elegance and makes it perfect for most men.
In terms of capacity, this wallet is very similar to the zip-around wallet above and boasts all pockets and compartments described earlier. It also comes with the signature logo on both the zipper tab and front.
Rugged yet incredibly soft, this wallet is perfect for athletes, military men, and adventurers. The outdoorsy type may benefit the most from this wallet’s benefits, not to mention it ages beautifully as it is used.
- Zip around wallet available in a selection of colors.
- The wallet comes with a neat Alpine Swiss gift box that turns into valet tray.
- The signature emblem on front and zipper tab.
- No RFID protection.
4. Alpine Swiss Mens Wallet Leather Money Clip
- Replace your thick wallet with our slim magnetic money clip front pocket wallet that measures only 4" x 2 7/8" x 3/8" So convenient and compact...
- Our functional yet slim design features 3 card slots, 1 ID window with thumb cutout, and a magnetic money clip for folded cash
- Available in a variety of colors and skins, we have the money clip wallet to match your personal style, Magnet is accented with signature Alpine Swiss...
- Crafted from the finest quality genuine leather, this wallet is durably rugged yet buttery soft
- Comes neatly packaged in an Alpine Swiss box
Those in search of a minimalist solution can try the Leather Money Clip from Alpine Swiss. More than a money clip, this is a super sleek wallet that boasts a slim profile and compact dimensions. It goes straight into your front pocket and can hold money and a handful of cards.
Like all the models above, this wallet is made from genuine leather, but what impresses the most is its functionality.
Despite its tiny dimensions, this wallet features three card slots and an ID window. At the back, it has a thick magnetic money clip that can hold up to 20 folded bills. Made to appeal to most men, this wallet comes in a variety of colors and bears the Alpine Swiss emblem on the front.
As you could expect from a quality wallet, this one is crafted from fine genuine leather which makes it durable yet soft to touch. Like all other wallets above, this one also comes packed in a stylish recycled gift box.
- Slim money clip wallet with three card slots.
- Available in multiple styles and colors.
- Made from fine genuine leather.
- Gift box packaging available from the manufacturer.
- No RFID protection.
5. Alpine Swiss Men’s Wallet Removable Flip Up ID Window
- COMPACT - The removable flip-up bifold wallet features a classic bifold silhouette that measures 4.37" x 3.37" x 0.50" to fit comfortably in your...
- 2-IN-1 DESIGN - Removable Card/ID Case can be used alone as a minimalist wallet or in bifold wallet as a convenient flip up ID window so you'll never...
- HIGH CAPACITY - Features a total of 2 ID windows on removable card case, 7 credit card slots, 2 vertical receipt pockets and a fully lined bill...
- STYLISH & DURABLE - Available in a variety of colors, we have the perfect wallet to match your personal style. Crafted from the finest quality genuine...
- A PERFECT GIFT – Comes neatly packaged in Alpine Swiss giftbox.
The last entry on our list is the Removable Flip Up Wallet. Like all the other wallets here, this one is made from genuine leather. It features a classic bifold silhouette and fits comfortably in a back pocket as well as in a jacket pocket.
Its two-in-one design allows you to remove the ID case, transforming in this case into a minimalist wallet. If the ID is important to you, just put the ID case back in and use the convenient flip-up window so you won’t have to remove the driving license from your wallet to show it to authorities.
Regarding its capacity, the wallet features seven credit card slots plus two vertical business card pockets, a fully lined bill section, and a removable ID window on hard case.
Boasting a stylish design, the wallet comes in a variety of colors that are easy to match with your style.
- Compact bifold design with removable ID case.
- High capacity wallet.
- Available in a selection of neutral and vivid colors.
- Made from fine quality genuine leather.
- ID window could be too small for some IDs.
Our Top Pick
It is quite hard to decide which is the best Alpine Swiss wallet, but our top pick is the Flipout wallet. We like everything about it, despite the tighter card slots. Before diving into details, we must also say that the leather stretches over time, so perhaps that’s why the wallet seems tighter at first.
Despite this minor flaw, this Alpine Swiss wallet incorporates a host of advantages. It boasts a hybrid bifold-trifold design with flip-out ID window.
An array of pockets for both cards and money give you plenty of space to hold all your essentials. The wallet even has room for business cards. A selection of types of leather and colors adds value to the collection, while the characteristic Alpine Swiss logo embellishes an exterior corner.
Coming at a price that won’t break the bank and encompassing all you could wish from a top in the class pick, this is undoubtedly one of the best Alpine Swiss wallets on the market.