Best American Made Wallets for Men: Top Picks and Reviews
Quality men’s wallets are nowadays manufactured in many countries around the world. Yet, there are still many of us who believe that those manufactured in the USA are higher, better quality. Whether it’s that or patriotism, check out the best American made wallets for men we selected for you.
Table of Contents
- 1 Our Top 5 Recommended American Made Wallets for Men
- 2 Why Buy An American Made Wallet?
- 3 How to Pick The Right Wallet?
- 4 Detailed Reviews of Our Recommended American Made Wallets For Guys
- 5 Our Top Pick
Our Top 5 Recommended American Made Wallets for Men
Why Buy An American Made Wallet?
Trade agreements and the global market make it possible to buy products manufactured all over the world. Many manufacturers turn to cheaper countries to produce goods of the same quality as they would in the USA, but at a fraction of a price.
Their choice also influences you as a consumer – you can get cheaper high-quality products.
With that in mind, why would you buy an American made wallet? Here are a few reasons why you should support our national economy instead of a foreign one.
- Guaranteed product quality: Quality is a broad term that can mean different things for different people – or nations, as far as manufacturing quality is concerned. When buying an American-made wallet, you know you’re getting a product built to last. However, quality standards may be lower in other states, above all in Asian countries where many manufacturers choose to make their accessories at lower costs. Sure, you could easily get guaranteed quality products imported from Europe. However, they will likely cost more than the American made ones. Thinking about it, an American made wallet delivers real value for money.
- Promotes American independence: We have fought for a long time to become independent. Buying imported products, therefore, is counterintuitive. By buying wallets made in the USA, you can promote our pride, independence, and national economy.
- Jobs for future generations: With more and more manufacturers moving their business and headquarters to other countries, America sees nothing but a decrease in job opportunities. You can make a difference by choosing to buy American products. More money invested in our local businesses, more jobs the future generations will have.
- Environmentally friendlier: Most leather goods manufactured in the USA are produced with eco-friendly methods in facilities that respect the environment. Leather tanning methods also respect environmental regulations, while wallets made from materials other than leather are often made from recycled materials. This is not always true for products made in other parts of the world.
- Guaranteed safer working conditions: When buying a good imported from third-world countries, you can involuntarily help industries exploit the labor force. It is well-known that workers in these countries are required to achieve outrageous working plans while being underpaid. Some countries even permit children to work in unsafe conditions. If you don’t want to be a part of this, simply buy products labeled as Made in America.
How to Pick The Right Wallet?
Before buying an American made wallet, there are a few things you should weigh in, such as the style, material, and functionality.
- Style: Wallets come in a variety of styles; from minimalist to tactical wallets, EDC wallets, or classic bifolds and trifolds, there is a vast range to choose from. When picking, think of your overall style. A classic bifold would be an excellent choice for a businessman; however, slim bifolds are a more contemporary choice. A utilitarian EDC wallet can also match with a suit as long as you smartly pair it with other contemporary accessories. All in all, front pocket wallets are nowadays much more appreciated than the classic back pocket ones.
- Material: Typically, wallets are made of leather. Nowadays, though, you can find wallets made from leather, metal, carbon fiber or plastic, canvas, and even paper. Canvas is typically a great choice if you need an outdoor wallet. Leather, metal, and carbon fiber are better choices for an every-day accessory.
- Functionality: Pick the wallet based on what you want to carry, keeping in mind that you should avoid the bulk. Some wallets have only slots for credit cards, and others let you carry cash and an ID too. If you have contactless-enabled credit cards, consider if you want an RFID wallet or not.
With this in mind, let’s now see which are the best American made wallets for men currently on the market.
Detailed Reviews of Our Recommended American Made Wallets For Guys
1. Dango M1 Maverick Wallet
- Made in USA with top grain leather
- RFID blocking, CNC-machined 6061 aerospace aluminum chassis
- Holds up to 16 cards + cash
- Mil-spec stainless steel bolts
- Compatible with Dango MT04 multi-tool (included with Spec-Ops models)
How would you like a classic bifold wallet with a twist? The Dango M1 Maverick Wallet combines classic leather with modern CNC-machines 6061 aerospace aluminum in a design that can surely make heads turn. It suits the modern man perfectly, and in our eyes, it certainly deserves a slightly higher premium.
Dango M1 is an innovative wallet, made in the USA from top-grain leather fixed on a CNC-machined 6061 aerospace aluminum chassis. It blends tradition with modernity in a flawless way and presents itself as a classic bifold that has the functionality of a contemporary EDC wallet.
It comes in whiskey brown and slate grey, but if you’d fancy another combination of colors, there are 13 other options to choose from.
The wallet is held together by mil-spec stainless steel bolts and has a fashionable appearance. It’s slim enough to fit a front pocket and is also stylish enough to occupy the interior pocket of a suit jacket.
Those looking for a utilitarian, EDC wallet will be pleased to know that the Dango is compatible with the MT04 multi-tool.
It may seem small, but the Maverick is a fully functional wallet. It can hold up to 16 cards and cash, and it has an ID pocket and the perfect size to accommodate a badge.
The best thing about it is that the cards can be kept securely into the aluminum, RFID-protected compartment.
On the exterior of the wallet, there are two further card pockets – one more suitable for the ID, with a large thumb notch for easy access. On the opposite side, there is another card pocket with a stylish leather pattern on the front and a small leather loop designed to accommodate a key.
Various holes in the aluminum frame also allow fixing the wallet on a lanyard if you have to exhibit your work badge and don’t want to invest in a separate badge holder, as long as you use the compatible badge adapter sold separately.
- Brand: Dango
- Material: Leather and CNC-machined 6061 aerospace aluminum
- Size: 5 x 3.3 x 1 inches
- Sophisticated slim walled
- RFID technology
- Modular design
- Compatible with cardholder and multi-tool
- Easy to customize
- High-quality top-grain leather
2. Trayvax Element Wallet
- Made in the USA
- Leather metal wallet fits 3-10 cards and 1-5 bills
- Rugged stainless-steel frame wrapped in top-grain oil-tanned leather
- Packed with features including integrated money clip, convenient bottle opener, RFID protection, and attachment point
- This high quality product is backed by a lifetime warranty.
American made and extremely stylish, the Trayvax Element Wallet is another superb choice. It offers a rugged take on a classic leather wallet, it’s slim, and packs a wealth of interesting features. Either for you or as a gift, this wallet can undoubtedly make a statement.
An innovative design in a stylish slim wallet. This superb accessory is made from top-grain oil-tanned leather and durable stainless steel.
The classic color choice for the leather, as well as the rugged details – such as the paracord seams – enhance the beauty of this product. It is designed for an outdoor pursuit but stylish enough for that date night or as an everyday carry.
Sourced and made in the USA, it boasts a patented design; more than a wallet, the Trayvax is a multi-tool to have in your pocket.
As mentioned above, the Trayvax is more than a wallet. Regarding its wallet features, it can hold between 3 and 10 cards and up to 5 folded bills – just what you need on a daily basis. Offering RFID protection it is an excellent choice for those carrying contactless-enabled cards.
Besides the standard wallet function, Trayvax works as a standard multi-tool too. It has a built-in bottle opener and attachment point, so you can clip it onto a lanyard or carabiner.
Backed by a lifetime warranty, this stylish wallet is undoubtedly one of the best American made wallets for men to consider.
- Brand: Trayvax
- Material: Oil-tanned top-grain leather and stainless steel
- Size: 4.5 x 2.8 x 0.5 inches
- Various colors and styles available
- Holds up to 10 cards and 5 bills
- Minimalist EDC design
- RFID protected
- Patented design
- It may feel uncomfortable in your pocket
- Heavier than imagined
3. Bryker Hyde Bifold Travel Wallet
- HIGH CAPACITY: 2 ID windows allow for quick access when traveling or at the store. An additional NINE card slots and TWO more slots behind them, you...
- BETTER QUALITY at an AFFORDABLE PRICE: Made out of hand picked full grain distressed leather and thorough stitching throughout, each wallet is truly...
- SAFETY.PRIVACY.SECURITY: We created our wallets using top of the line RFID blocking technology that you can trust. Using a unique blend of composite...
- IDEAL FOR TRAVEL AND WHEN YOU'RE ON THE GO: Whether you’re an avid traveler, use public transportation, live overseas, or enjoy vacations abroad,...
Whether you’re traveling for business or pleasure, this stylish wallet from Bryker Hyde is a more than inspired choice. It’s also perfect for men wearing suits for their job and the best part, with each wallet you buy from the brand, the company donates a portion of the revenue to support the veterans.
This bifold travel wallet is perfect for those in search of a timeless accessory. It has the classic design of a bifold, and the only thing that sets it apart is the slimmer profile. It’s made for the rear pocket of your pants or interior pocket of your jacket, but it could fit in the front pocket too if you don’t mind a bit of a squeeze.
High-quality and affordability blend in the design of this stylish wallet. It’s made from hand-picked, full-grain distressed leather and boasts color-matching stitches throughout.
Ideal for travel, the wallet combines practicality with security and elegance. It’s RFID protected and shields against RFID, NFC, and BLE scans. You’ll undoubtedly also like the side flip pass case with two ID windows; just perfect for holding your badge and transit pass or driver’s license.
It may seem small, but this travel wallet has a surprisingly high capacity. It has a total of 9 card slots for a capacity of more or less 18 cards; not only you won’t be short on space, but chances are you can fit some business cards in there too.
Two of these pockets are hidden and ideal for holding coupons or receipts, while the flap pass case has space for two IDs.
One of the two ID windows also presents an easy-access thumb notch for easier pull-out of the card. On top of that, it also has a generous currency pocket that can accommodate most bill sizes.
The interior is lined with a unique blend of composite metals that blocks both low and high frequencies.
Made to last for a lifetime, it’s backed by a 100% money-back guarantee as well as a lifetime warranty.
- Brand: Bryker Hyde
- Material: Full-grain distressed leather
- Size: 3.5 x 4.5 x 0.25 inches
- Compact travel wallet
- Passcase design
- Available in multiple colors
- Lifetime warranty
- Some of their wallets are not made in the USA
4. Helko Werk Frontier Collection Leather Bifold Wallet
- Handmade in USA
- 6 oz. full grain cowhide leather - soft and pliable
- Will quickly develop a saddle-tan patina with use
- Fastened together with nickel plated rivets
- Rustic, unique, and very attractive
Next entry on our list of the best American made wallets for men; the Helko Werk Frontier Collection wallet combines rustic elegance with the practicality of a billfold. It’s proudly made in the USA and unadorned, exhibiting the rugged look of a cowboy accessory.
This beautiful wallet is all about minimalism. It has a simplistic yet sleek design that pairs beautifully with all outfits. Crafted from a single piece of full-grain cowhide leather and fastened with nickel-plated rivets, it’s lightweight, flexible, and ideal for your front pocket.
The thing we like best about this wallet is its simplicity. there is no excessive lining to worry about, no annoying stitching and no plastic sleeves. Just soft, pliable leather that will start to develop a stylish saddle patina in a matter of weeks.
Ample room for both cash and cards, as well as an excellent price point, make it a popular choice either for you or as a stylish gift.
The Helko Werk wallet has a stylish appearance, but there are no bells and whistles when it comes to functionality.
There are four card slots, two on each side, as well as a large compartment for money bills. That’s it. No ID window, RFID protection, or other perks most wallets come with.
Nonetheless, it attracts with its Spartan look and minimalist functionality; it’s perfect for the city or to take with you on a short outdoor trip.
- Brand: Helko Werk
- Material: 6oz full-grain cowhide leather
- Size: 3 x 4 x 2.3 inches
- Handmade in the USA
- Top quality leather
- Simplistic yet functional design
- High-fashion finish
- No ID windows
- No RFID protection
5. Main Street Forge Bifold Wallet
- PROUDLY HANDMADE BY AMERICAN CRAFTSMEN FROM FULL GRAIN LEATHER! American made with American Pride! We don’t cut corners. No chemical bonded fake...
- BACKED BY MAIN STREET FORGE’S LIFETIME WARRANTY! Upgrade today with no risk. We proudly stand behind each and every product that we sell. You will...
- TIMELESS BIFOLD DESIGN AND AMERICAN CRAFTSMANSHIP! Each piece of leather is hand selected and sewn to offer a beautiful and uniquely distinct wallet....
- SO COMFORTABLE YOU WILL THROW YOUR OLD WALLET AWAY! Slim enough to be worn in either your front or back pocket comfortably! Your imported department...
- A TIMELESS CLASSIC THAT IS TRULY EYE CANDY! Your wallet will break in to you, just like your favorite pair of jeans. Scratches, scuffs and other minor...
The last entry on our list is this stylish bifold, proudly handmade by American craftsmen. A true masterpiece that speaks about class. It’s slim and incredibly stylish, just what you need for your everyday needs. It has no bells and whistles, but it’s undoubtedly a piece that talks about class.
This bifold wallet by Main Street Forge is a stylish accessory that fits in the busy life of a modern man. Simple functionality and high-class details, such as the stitches, making it a true conversation starter.
The wallet is made from high-quality full grain leather, soft and comfortable enough to carry in your front pocket. Its slim profile makes it a winner; we also like that the leather is not treated with any chemicals and has a nice saddle patina.
This timeless classic is designed to break into you just as a pair of high-quality jeans, shaping itself to meet your unique needs. Minor imperfections on the leather add up to its uniqueness, making it a stylish piece of art rather than an accessory.
Classic and timeless, this wallet doesn’t provide RFID protection, but it comes with sufficient pockets to hold up to 6 cards.
Besides, it also has a larger compartment for the bills. That’s it in terms of functionality, but you shouldn’t need more from a wallet designed to hold nothing more than your daily essentials.
- Brand: Main Street Forge
- Material: Full grain leather
- Size: 8.2 x 3.5 x 0.5 inches
- Made from a one-piece thick chunk of American leather
- Proudly handmade in the USA
- Main Street Forge lifetime warranty
- Stylish look and vintage patina
- No RFID protection
- It doesn’t have an ID window
Our Top Pick
It might be expensive, but in our opinion, the Dango M1 Maverick is the best American made wallet for men.
This stylish accessory pairs perfectly will all personalities. It has the classic design of a billfold and the functionality of a tactical wallet. It can hold multiple cards, cash, it’s compatible with a multi-tool, and it can even become a badge holder.
The choice of materials is also superlative. Top quality leather combined with durable aluminum makes it resistant and lightweight.
While it might break the bank, it will most likely last for a lifetime. And if you don’t like it, you can always check out our other proposals of the best men’s wallets on the market.